The LDF Committee, in the last 24 hours, have discussed at length the plans for our 2020 Festival.
We have taken into account the guidelines currently given, meaning that our groups are going to struggle to get together to rehearse, the potential of schools closing, combined with the fact we have already had groups start to withdraw, it has left us with little choice.
We have discussed the option of postponement of the Festival, but with a large majority of groups being from schools, this would not be an option, therefore we are afraid to say, with a heavy heart, the committee have decided we will be cancelling this year's LDF.
This decision has been made with the safety of all those participating, working and visiting in mind and at this time seems the only logical decision we can make.
If you were due to participate in this years Festival, your group coordinator will be in touch with you very soon to discuss this further.
Thank you everyone for your support of the Festival this year and in previous years, and we look forward to welcoming you in 2021....... stay safe, be kind.........…